Thursday, October 19, 2006

Curry Burgers

I stayed in a bit sick today, but thankfully I whipped up some patties last night and froze them in my time of need! And I can't stop eating them!

I used:
BASICS
a can of chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
1/4 chopped onion
handful of mixed frozen veggies (corn, peas, and carrots)
a couple shakes of Garlic Tabasco

DRY
curry powder
garlic powder
salt
italian seasoning mix
flour (to bind) (about a small handfull)

OTHER
cornmeal

BEGIN!

sautee the BASICS until soft. Transfer to bowl and add DRY ingredients.
SMASH IT UP!

When it's sticking together because of the flour, its good. SEASON TO TASTE. Make into patties, your choice of size. Dust in cornmeal.

FREEZE!
When frozen, they are ready to use! I have only pan fried mine, so I do not know how they would come out in the toaster oven.

Delicious!


Shown on some baguette bread with onions, lettuce and cherry tomatoes. Left over potato soup (see previous entry) and a side of potato chips.

***You could use any type of beans or bean combination, along with any type of spices or veggies. I made more of a Curry patty. Maybe try a Southwestern patty with black beans and corn and cilanto!

No comments: