Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Easy Veggie Spaghetti

This dish is great because its dirt cheap. Generic pasta and veggies in the discount section makes it taste oh so much better and fresher!

Today I used about 65 grams of spaghetti pasta, broken in half. I think that may be half of the one serving "spaghetti hole" calculator.

sauteed:
zucchini
onion
green pepper
frozen carrot, peas, corn mix.
mushrooms (at the end)

I also steamed some greens at the very end. (I don't know what these are, they were a gift.. maybe radish sprouts?)

COOK your choice of pasta

BLEND for sauce:
big tomato
random chunks of: zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, onion, green pepper
salt
italian herbs

The sauce turned out sort of runny, so just add more veggies. you could even make it green sauce!

After draining the pasta, I added it back in the pan with the sauce to heat it up, and cook it down a bit to make it thicker. I added some freshly chopped tomatoes too.


COMBINE and CONSUME!!!






Everything except the pasta and frozen veg mix was FRESH. wow, so good.

(oh poo, my neighbor just stopped by and gave me carrots! that would have been so wonderful in this!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds a little tooo easy, and that presentation....come on, that's plastic!!!! cut cut cut cut cut!!