Thursday, February 08, 2007

Vegetable soup

Sick once again, I was craving comfort home food. So I tried to replicate my mom's vegetable soup the best I could.

I cannot find tomato soup, so I bought some vegetable juice. But it was sort of sweet so I added some salt and vinegar to try and cut the sweetness, it worked to come extent.

Tomato soup/veg juice
dash of soymilk
frozen veg mix
fresh veg - I added only onion I think
fake shredded pork from the Buddhists in Hong Kong

pasta- I used macaroni

Boiled Dumplings (I do not use herbs or butter. just cut in a little olive oil then add milk)

Bring juice, milk, and fake pork to a slow boil.
(At this point you can add all your veggies if you want to have a slow cooked stew, then add macaroni and dumplings right before you're ready to eat)
Add fresh veg and pasta.
When pasta is almost done cooking add frozen veg and dumplings.

Eat and feel warm and cozy!



And of course, these things are always best the next day!

No comments: